The French government has declared that all shops, excluding food shops, tabac, bank, petrol stations and chemists, should close from 15th March until further notice (www.gouvernement.fr)
This is a link for government help towards companies, also you may (very small companies and micro entreprise) from 1st April go on impots.gouv.fr in your Espace Particulier – Messagerie sécurisée – to declare your loss for March 2020 in order to get some help.
Given this situation, I am still available by e-mail, skype, mobile phone and conference calls if needed. I will be at my office for emergencies. Please use my mobile phone as a priority, thank you: +33 (0)6 70 78 33 42
- The withdrawal agreement gives a transition period until the 31st December 2020 so any existing rights are carried forward until the end of the year and if you have lived in France before this date, your rights will be maintained.
- Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to vote for the local and European elections nor to be elected in the local ‘conseil municipal’ (as this would mean that France would have to change the French Constitution)
- It is very important that you apply for the Health cover in France asap.
- You will have to apply for a ‘titre de séjour’ between July 2020 and July 2021 even if you already have a ‘carte de séjour’
- The uprating of pensions will be maintained
For more information you can go on these websites
If you wish to exchange a driving licence, you can do so on line from beginning of March. Please remember that you need to exchange your licence if it is about to expire, if you want to add or delete a category on your licence, if you are required to change it because you have had a fine.
Should you need any help on these issues, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.